Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The 'New Moon' Soundtrack Has Nothing On The MTV Newsroom Staff Picks

Every week, MTV Newsroom editor Kyle Anderson runs an in-office poll on the topic du jour. The idea is to acquaint you readers with some of the crazy people who inhabit the MTV newsroom. Last week's poll asked the difficult question: what is your favorite film soundtrack of all time?
Demon Knight
As you've likely already figured out, that's a particularly relevant topic for MTV Movies Blog. I didn't have much trouble with my pick: "Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight." Here's what I had to say to the Newsroom audience:

"This one is easy for me, though it may earn me a few behind-the-back snickers around the office. The soundtrack to "Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight" remains my favorite to this day. It dropped while I was in high school, and every track was something I wanted to go home and crank up to 11. Let's start with the face-melting crunch: Sepultura, Biohazard, Pantera, Megadeth, Ministry, Rollins Band, Machine Head, Filter, Melvins — it's enough to make a budding young metalhead's skull explode. "The Crow" soundtrack almost edges this one out for me, but "Demon Knight" ultimately wins for introducing me to Gravediggaz. The record's closing track, "1-800-Suicide," showed me the shock and awe that is hip-hop horrorcore. You heard me: Shock. And. Awe."

Head over to MTV Newsroom to read through the rest of last week's poll, How The 'New Moon' Soundtrack Stacks Up Against Our Favorites: The Newsroom Poll. And please share with us. What are your favorite soundtracks? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

infolinks