Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Comic-Con: David Tennant Denies 'The Hobbit' Casting Rumor

Sadness over the impending end to David Tennant's "Doctor Who" run was softened recently by a rumor that the fan-favorite actor could be moving on to play the lead role in Guillermo del Toro's upcoming adaptation of "The Hobbit" -- a big step for the star of the long-running science-fiction series. However, now it looks like the casting buzz is exactly that: a rumor.

While early predictions of a "Hobbit" casting announcement during Comic-Con fell through, Tennant told MTV News that there was never much chance of it happening -- at least, not with him involved.



"The Internet is a curious place, isn't it?" Tennant told MTV News.

"I think someone sits in their bedroom in Saskatchewan and comes up with an idea and they post it. And within minutes it's around the world and I'm getting phoned up by journalists and friends of mine saying, 'When are you off to shoot with Guillermo [del Toro]?'" said Tennant. "It's not something I know anything about."

"No one's talked with me," he added.

While Tennant's no stranger to special effects, he doubted even the most impressive computer's ability to bring him down to Hobbit size.

"I'm a bit tall, aren't I?" he joked. "I know they do things with CGI now, but I'm 6'1". Hobbits are little. I do have quite hairy toes, though."

What do you think? Would Tennant make a good Bilbo Baggins? Sound off in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

infolinks